UPDATE 8/11: It’s Official — Romney/Ryan. At least I came close with the Virginia angle yesterday long before the VP site and time announcement was made. I’ll take that. And I’ll take a Romney/Ryan ticket.
Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia is Romney’s VP pick. You heard it here first! Here’s my Top 10 List why:
- The contest to meet Mitt and his VP ends at 23:59 on August 10.
- Romney will be in Virginia with McDonnell on Saturday, August 11
- Romney needs Virginia to win, and Virginia also has a crucial Senate seat (George Allen) to win
- Virginia is the third-best state to do business: a robust, low-tax state — a must-have for Romney and the economy
- As a Governor, McDonnell is more expendable than someone in the Senate or House
- McDonnell has the leadership skills as Chairman of the Republican Governors Association
- McDonnell was not given a speaking spot at the Convention
- Dick Morris also suggests Bob McDonnell
- Ari Fleischer’s VP poll yesterday did not include Bob McDonnell — a way to throw off the media
- There are edits being made today to Bob McDonnell’s Wikipedia Page
There you go!
UPDATE: It’s confirmed Mitt will announce at 9am in Norfolk, VA. No planes needed for transporting the elusive VP pick. Kicks off a multi-state tour, with several stops in Virginia. And, check out www.mittromney.com. See who is on the front page — it’s not Paul Ryan.
UPDATE #2: Nothing from Bob McDonnell’s Twitterfeed for 9 hours now.
UPDATE #3: Rubio, Portman, Pawlenty all ruled out. Nothing about Bob McDonnell still and it’s after 1am
UPDATE #4: Bad storms in Virginia. Not good airplane weather